Library Properties (Advanced)
Use this dialog box to view or modify additional library options.
- Automatically add datapaths for new drivepools configured
Indicates that the system automatically adds the alternate data paths for a shared library. Verify and ensure that Automatically add new datapath option is enabled in the Copy Properties (Data Paths) tab for this option to work.
- Automatically update barcodes on firmware change
Indicates whether MediaAgent should automatically update the media barcodes after a firmware change in the library.
- Retry read operations on SCSI errors
Indicates whether the MediaAgent will reposition the tape and retry the read operation (i.e., data recovery operation, auxiliary copy operation, synthetic full job, etc) on SCSI errors, to prevent the failure of the job.
n times with a retry interval on n min(s)
Specify how many times and how often the retry must be attempted.
- Submit full scan on library when finding an empty barcode during drive unmount
Indicates whether a full scan of the library will be performed when an empty barcode is found while unmounting the drive. This is a troubleshooting option which can be enabled in a library if you constantly find that the system indicates that the media is exported when requested by a job, but physically found in the library. For the specific job to succeed, you must perform a full scan of the library. But if you find the problem occurring frequently you can enable this option.
Changes to the following configuration parameters will take effect only when the library is Reset.
- Prevent physical inventory of the library
Indicates whether the MediaAgent will initiate a full scan of the library when there is a unit attention. (i.e., when the door is accessed, the mail slot is accessed, the library controller is reset, etc.) In some older libraries, the firmware itself automatically initiates an inventory when there is a unit attention. In such situations, you can enable this option to avoid a double scan on the library.
- Do Periodic mail slot check for any change in status
Indicates that the MediaAgent will poll the library to see if there is any change in the status of the mail slot. Enable this option in libraries that do not automatically generate unit attention when there is a change in the mail slot. For example, when media is imported or exported and the mail slot is accessed to add or remove the media, the system will never know the status of the operation, unless this option is enabled. You can also specify how often the library must be polled by setting the Library Status Check Interval.
- Prevent Auto Import of Media from mail slot
Indicates that the MediaAgent will not automatically import the media from the mail slot. Enable this option in the following situations:
- When the library is partitioned into two or more logical libraries and the mail slot is shared by these logical libraries. In addition to enabling this option, you must also enable the Do Periodic mail slot check for any change in status option in all the logical libraries. This will ensure that the media is imported (or exported) to the appropriate library.
- When you wish to control the import media operation using only the CommCell Console.
- Allow Medium Removal from mail slot
Indicates that the library handler will issue a SCSI command during startup to unlock the library mail slot. Enable this option when other software may lock the library mail slot and you would like the mail slot to be opened.
- Do not import media from I/E port back to the slots
Indicates whether the media from a library with I/E port will be imported back to the library after a reset operation. Enable this option to prevent exported media to be re-imported back to the library.
- Library Status Check Interval
Indicates how often the MediaAgent polls the library to see if there is a change in the status in the mail slot, when the Do Periodic mail slot check for any change in status option is enabled.
If the library is a stand-alone drive, the Configuration Parameters are not applicable and hence not displayed.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 8:21:29 PM