Configuring a Subclient for PostgreSQL Database Block-Level Backups Using IntelliSnap
Use hardware snap engines to perform block-level backups using IntelliSnap.
You can configure a default subclient to protect your PostgreSQL instance. You cannot create a user-defined subclient to perform a block-level backup.
Before You Begin
Before you begin, check whether you completed the following tasks:
You must have a MediaAgent installed on the PostgreSQL destination client to perform block-level backups.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > Client.
- Right-click the client and then click Properties.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, select EnableIntelliSnap, and click OK.
- To configure the default subclient of PostgreSQL, from the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > Client > PostgreSQL > Instance > FSBasedBackupSet.
- Right-click the default subclient and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy list, select an appropriate storage policy.
- To set up your block-level backup, on the Advanced Backup Options tab, select Use Volume Copy.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, select IntelliSnap.
- From the AvailableSnapEngines list, select a snap engine.
- Optional: From the Use Proxy list, select the MediaAgent where the backup copy operations are performed after the IntelliSnap operation is complete on the client.
Note: When performing IntelliSnap backups by using the proxy, verify that the proxy server is installed with the same operating system version, or later, as the client computer.
- If you want to use the source computer when the proxy is unavailable, select Use source if proxy is unreachable.
- Select additional options as appropriate and then click OK.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 7:57:29 PM