Getting Started - Scheduling a Restore
The following procedure describes the steps for creating a schedule for restore jobs using the Windows File System agent as an example.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > client > File System > defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the subclient and click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Click the Time Range tab and then click View Content.
- Expand the defaultBackupSet and navigate to the Windows folder.
- For your first restore job, select any folder with a small data size.
- Click Restore All Selected.
The Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box appears.
- From the General tab, select the required restore options.
- Click the Job Initiation tab, select Schedule, and then click Configure.
The Schedule Details dialog box appears.
- Select the appropriate scheduling options.
For example, use the following steps to create a one-time schedule:
- In the Schedule Name box, type a name for the schedule.
- Click One Time.
- Select the date and time.
- Click OK.
- When the scheduled restore job runs, you can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once the job is complete, right-click the backupset and then click Restore History.
The Restore History Filter dialog box appears.
- Click OK to view the job details.
Last modified: 3/6/2018 3:20:08 PM