Applying a License in the CommCell Console
After you purchase a license, you can apply the license file to the CommCell environment in the CommCell Console.
You might need to apply a new license for any of the following reasons:
- When the evaluation version of the CommServe license is about to expire. You should either obtain a permanent license, or obtain a new evaluation license to extend the expiration date of the CommServe.
Note: The evaluation license is valid for 60 days. If the license expires, existing jobs in your CommCell environment fail.
- When the evaluation license for a product or feature in the CommCell is about to expire.
- When you want to change the OEM of your CommCell. You need to obtain a new CommServe license with the new OEM details, as well as software discs (including the latest Service Packs) for the desired OEM.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Licensing and Registration.
- In the Licensing and Registration dialog box, click the Apply License tab.
- In the License File box, specify the location of the license file. You can also click Browse to locate the license file.
- If the license file resides in a network share, select Use Network Share, and then click Change to specify a user account with sufficient privileges to access the network share.
- Click Apply.
Last modified: 1/22/2019 8:37:03 PM