Updating Incoming Ports on the CommServe Computer for Two-Way Direct Connection
Applies To: CommServe computer
You can change the default incoming port that receives tunnel connections from the client. The default tunnel port is the Commvault Communications (CVD) service port plus 3 (for example, 8403).
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, right-click the CommServe computer, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Network.
The Network Properties for Client dialog box appears.
- On the Network Route Configuration tab, select the Configure Network Route Settings check box.
- On the Incoming Ports tab, select the Override default tunnel port check box, enter the port number for incoming tunnel connections, and then click OK.
The default tunnel port is the Commvault Communications (CVD) service port plus 3 (for example, 8403).
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe computer, and then click All Tasks > Push Network Configuration.
- Read the warning, click Continue, and then click OK.
- Verify that your network configuration pushed successfully by checking the Event Viewer window.
Note: Outgoing routes are automatically created for direct connections. However, you can set up outgoing routes to enable HTTPS encryption for data traffic or to encrypt data connections by forcing connections into the tunnel. To set up outgoing routes from any host, see Configuring Outgoing Tunnel Connections.
What To Do Next
- Install the Commvault software on one or more clients. For network route instructions during the installation, see Setting Up Two-Way Connectivity between the CommServe Computer and the Client.
- Configure the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client. See Configuring the CommServe Computer.
Last modified: 4/12/2019 6:29:27 PM