Blocking External Interface Connections
You can protect your computer from undesired remote connections by creating a list containing IP addresses or host names to which connections will be blocked.
When a new connection is initiated, the system checks the blocked list, and if found, the connection is dropped immediately without any further processing.
- Stop all services on the computer.
- In the Software_Installation_Path/Base folder, create a text file named InterfaceBlacklist.txt.
- Add the IP addresses (or host names) to which connections will be blocked. Add one IP address or hostname per line.
- Special or wildcard characters in an IP address or host name are not supported (for example, 172.19.*.*).
- The LocalInterfaceBlacklist.txt file can be modified at any time. After you modify the file, recycle the client computer's services for the changes to take effect.
Last modified: 6/4/2019 8:55:15 PM