MediaAgent - Upgrading the Operating System
You can upgrade the operating system on a MediaAgent.
Before You Begin
- If you have a deduplication database (DDB) configured on the MediaAgent, perform a DDB backup job.
- Stop all the jobs accessing the libraries configured in the MediaAgent or wait for the jobs to complete.
- Disable the libraries connected to the MediaAgent.
- Disable data protection and data recovery operations.
- Stop the services of the MediaAgent. See Stopping a Service.
Note: If the MediaAgent hosts a deduplication database, ensure that the SIDB.exe and SIDB2.exe processes are not running on the MediaAgent computer after stopping the services.
- Disable MediaAgent.
Note: If you have a disk library with local mount path, then copy the local mount path folder to an accessible location. For example, if you have mount path in C:\DiskLibrary, copy the entire folder including its contents and subfolders.
- Install the new operating system on the MediaAgent.
- From the Process Manager window, start the services of the MediaAgent.
- Enable MediaAgent.
- Enable data protection and data recovery operations.
- Enable the libraries connected to the MediaAgent.
- Verify the MediaAgent status. See Status of a MediaAgent.
- Run the CommCell Configuration Report to check the version of the MediaAgent. See CommCell Configuration Report.
Last modified: 8/21/2019 8:35:36 PM