Configuring a Mail Server for Two-Factor Authentication (Administrator)
You must configure a mail server so that the CommCell can send emails to users with the following details:
- Notification that Two-Factor Authentication has been enabled.
- The PIN number to access the CommCell.
If you already have a mail server configured in the CommCell, you can skip this section.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
The Control Panel window appears.
- Under Maintenance, click EMail, Web and FTP Server.
The EMail, Web and FTP Server dialog box appears.
- On the E-Mail Server tab, enter the following information:
- In the Mail Server box, type the name of the mail server, for example, smtp.mailservername.com.
- In the Senders Address box, type a valid email address.
- Update additional options as needed.
Note: If you change the default mail server port number or disable or enable SSL, on the CommServe computer, restart the Server Event Manager (EvMgrS) service. For instructions about restarting services, see Services.
- Click Test Mail to send a test email.
Note: To send a test email, your user must have an email address. To edit a user, see Editing a User.
- From the Test Mail Confirm message, click OK.
If you received the test email, click OK to the success message. If you did not receive the email, an error message appears.
Last modified: 12/26/2018 10:23:58 PM