Configuring Credentials for UNC Path Content
The user must have privileges to:
- Access the share to which the UNC Path is pointing.
- Log on to the client machine that is running the backup.
- The logs on the client machine.
For NetApp C-mode UNC paths, the user must be part of the backup operator group on the domain controller and on the Vserver. For the share, access control on the file server is required; NTFS permission is not required.
For NetApp 7-mode UNC paths, the user must be part of the backup operator group on the domain controller. For the share, access control on the file server or NTFS permission is required.
To perform backup or restore operations using a UNC Path as either the content of the subclient or the destination for a restore, the user account should have Administrative privileges.
Use the following steps to change the User Account for the UNC Path content:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Agent.
- Right-click the <Subclient> and click Properties.
- Click Content tab.
- Click Add Paths and type in the UNC path of the share that you want to add.
Repeat this step if you want to add more files and/or folders to the content.
- Click As User.
- Type the new user name in the User Name box.
- Type the new password in the Password box and retype it in the Confirm Password box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/29/2019 12:57:01 PM