Deleting a User
User deletions are effective immediately. After the user is deleted, the user immediately cannot perform functions within the CommCell Console. The user defined as the CommCell administrator during the software installation cannot be deleted and remains enabled at all times.
You can use the following steps to:
- Delete a user account.
- Transfer the ownership of the CommCell entities the user created to another CommCell user.
Before You Begin
- You must have appropriate permissions to delete a user. For information on permissions, see Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature.
- Decide where to transfer the ownership of entities such as alerts, scheduled policies, and workflows. When you delete a user, you must choose a new owner for the entities the user created. Assigning ownership at the user group level makes entities accessible to more users.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Security > CommCell Users.
- In the CommCell Users pane, right-click the user to be deleted and click Delete.
The Confirm Delete message appears.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
The Enter Confirmation text dialog box appears.
- In the box, type the confirmation text that appears.
The Transfer Ownership from User dialog box appears.
- From the list of users and user groups, select a new owner.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/6/2018 2:32:04 PM