Cloud Connection Performance Tuning
If the cloud connectivity is through a high-speed network of about 10 Gigabits/sec or higher, follow these recommendations to get the maximum performance for the cloud-based backup and restore.
Note: These settings consume large amounts of memory on the MediaAgents. Therefore, we do not recommend these settings for low-speed networks.
- Check the Storage Policy copy > Data Path > Data Path Properties > set Chunk size to 4 GB.
- Check the Storage Policy copy > Data Path > Data Path Properties > setBlock size to 1024 KB.
- Check the Storage Policy Properties > General > ensure Device Streams is set to the 50 (Default) or above.
- Check the Storage Policy Properties > Advanced > set Block level Deduplication factor to 512 KB.
- Check the Subclient Properties > Advanced > Performance > set Number of Data Readers to a higher value (for example, 10) and select the Allow multiple data readers within a drive or mount point check box.
Last modified: 8/10/2018 3:28:28 PM