Installing the End-User Laptop Package on a Mac Operating System
After you invite your end users to install the end-user Laptop package, they will use the following procedure to do the installation.
- Access the Web Console by doing the following:
- If you received an email from your administrator with a link to the package, click on the link in the email.
- Open your web browser and type the Web Console URL provided by the administrator in the address bar.
The URL should be in the following format: http://webhost/webconsole, for example: http://client.mydomain.com/webconsole.
- On the Login screen, enter your active directory login credentials and then click Login to access the Web Console.
- On the My Applications page, click Download Center.
- Download the Commvault.dmg package.
If you are unable to download the package, contact your System Administrator.
- Double click the Commvault.dmg file that you downloaded.
The installation wizard opens.
- On the installation wizard, double click the Commvault icon to start the installation.
- If your Apple device prompts you for your password to allow the software installation, enter the password and then click Allow.
During installation, you can use the View menu to monitor the installer log and review the services status, among other operations.
After the installation completes, the Edge Monitor icon is displayed in the status menu bar.
- If you need to activate your laptop, see Activating Your Laptop by Using Edge Monitor.
Last modified: 11/16/2017 5:26:51 PM