Adding File Servers
You can add file servers to your Archiving solution to manage and back up specific files.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Archiving.
- In the upper-right, click Add file server. To add existing Windows shares, NFS shares, or Network Shares, click Add existing and select a file server from the Existing file server list.
The Add file servers dialog box appears.
- In the Index engine box, select or type the Index Server name. Make sure that you configure the Data Analytics role on your Index Server.
- In the Name box, type the server name.
- In the Description box, type your comments and notes.
- In the Folder paths box, click Add paths.
- On the Content tab, click Add paths and in the Enter multiple paths with new line as separator box, enter the content that you want to archive.
- Click OK.
- Optional: Exclude content from the backup. On the Exclusions tab, click Add paths and in the Enter multiple paths with new line as separator box, type the path which contains the files and folders to be excluded from the backup.
- Optional: If you choose to exclude content, add exceptions to the exclusions. On the Exceptions tab, click Add paths and in the Enter multiple paths with new line as separator box, type the path which contains the files and folders to be added to the list.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the user name and password credentials that is required to access the data on the file server.
- In the Select share access node, select the primary client computer that is required to perform the archive and recall operations. Make sure that the share access node has access to CIFS or NFS shares.
- Click Save.
- Optional: To run the file discovery job immediately, select the Run file discovery now check box.
- Optional: To schedule your file discovery job, select the Schedule file discovery check box and click Default Schedule.
For more information, see Edit File Discovery Schedule Options.
What To Do Next
- For Network Shares (CIFS and NFS), enable the archiving application on the file server. For more information, see Using the Archiving Dashboard to Manage Archiving Rules.
- For 7-mode NetApp file Server, configure archiving on the file server. For more information, see Configuring Archiving on 7-Mode NetApp File Server.
- For Celerra File Server, configure archiving on the file server. For more information, see Configuring Archiving on Celerra File Server.
Last modified: 3/12/2018 4:28:01 PM