Modifying a Server Plan
You can modify the following server plan properties:
- The storage pools to use for the primary and auxiliary data copies
- The data retention period
- The RPO (recovery point objective) options that the software uses to automatically back up the data
- IntelliSnap options
- From the navigation pane, click Configuration > Plans.
The Plan page appears.
- Click the plan name.
The plan details page appears.
- To modify the RPO options, do the following:
- To update how often data is backed up, click Edit, and in the Backup frequency box, enter how often backup jobs will run.
- To update the backup window, click the text beside the Backup window, click the text, and then in the Edit backup window dialog box, select the days and times when backup jobs will run.
- If the plan is associated with an entity that has IntelliSnap enabled, the Snapshot options section appears on the plan details page:
- Number of Snap recovery points is set automatically to 8. You can edit that value to change the number of snapshots that are retained.
- Backup Copy is on by default. To turn the Backup Copy key off, move the toggle key to the left.
- Backup copy schedule displays the name of the schedule that is created automatically when IntelliSnap is enabled. You can click the schedule to make changes.
- To modify the primary or secondary storage pools, in the row for the primary or secondary pool, click the action button , and then click Edit.
The Edit storage dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a unique name for the storage, for example Primary.
- From the Storage pool list, select the pool to use.
- Optional: In the Retention period box, type the number of days that the software retains the data.
- Click Save.
- Click Save.
The software uses the new values when the next backup operation runs.
Last modified: 12/11/2018 12:47:33 AM