Creating a Custom Provisioning Process for Database Refresh
After you register the Commvault script with SAP LaMa, create a custom provisioning database refresh process that uses the script. For more information, see the SAP help on Creating Custom Provisioning Processes. (For database refresh for SAP HANA version V2/MDC and following versions, see Creating a Custom Provisioning Process for Database Refresh (HANA V2/MDC).)
Before You Begin
If you have not already done so, register the Commvault Script with SAP LaMa. For more information, see Creating Provider Definitions for SAP LaMa Database Operations.
- In the SAP LaMa user interface, configure the custom provisioning process for system renaming.
- Under Design, on the Custom Provisioning Process tab, click Add.
- On the Custom Provisioning Process Details page, perform the following steps:
- Click Add.
- In the Name box, type a unique name.
- Expand System Renaming > Software Provisioning Manager.
- Add a new process that has the following values:
The name that you specified on the Details Provider Implementation Definition page
The process name is "Software Provisioning Manager" followed by the name of the registered script.
- Configure the source and target system to use the custom provisioning process.
For more information, see the SAP article Provisioning and Remote Function Call (RFC).
The Commvault script is part of the SAP LaMa database refresh operation. The SAP LaMa database refresh operation calls the Commvault script with the selected options, for example the target database. The Commvault script uses the inputs to run a database copy operation with the latest source instance backup.
Last modified: 2/20/2019 6:23:08 PM