Using a Geolocation Based MediaAgent for Cassandra Protection
If you have a Cassandra configuration that has datacenters or nodes in different network locations, then you can configure the Commvault software to use the MediaAgent that is geographically closest to the datacenter or node.
This option has the following advantages:
- Optimizes the network traffic by selecting the closest MediaAgent.
- Optimizes the bandwidth in deployments that have nodes that are in different geographical regions with hybrid Cassandra clusters that have datacenters that are in the cloud and on-premises.
- Configure the MediaAgents for geolocation based operations. For more information, see Setting up MediaAgent and Client Proximity Based Data Protection Operations.
- To each Cassandra gateway node client in the Cassandra cluster, add the nEnableGeoMediaAgentSupport additional settings as shown in the following table.
For instructions on how to add additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
- Create a library on each of the geolocation MediaAgents. For more information, see Libraries.
- Create a storage policy that has the following properties:
- If you enabled deduplication for the storage policy, then you must share the geolocation libraries so that each library can access the other ones.
- Associate the storage policy that you created with the Cassandra subclient that contains the cluster that will use the geolocation option.
Last modified: 5/2/2019 7:56:56 PM