Migrating Office 365 Sites to SharePoint On-Premise
You can migrate files from Office 365 to a SharePoint on-premise site that has either SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016 installed.
Restoring document libraries and files is possible from a source client to a destination client that have the same Commvault service packs.
Note: You cannot restore Office 365 sites, site pages, and user customized columns.
Verify that the following steps are complete before migrating data to a SharePoint on-premise:
- Verify that the destination computer has SharePoint applications installed, and you are able to browse the local farm.
- From the SharePoint Server Agent Base directory, install the SharePoint Online Management Shell. The Base directory path is C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\Base\spoms.msi.
- Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, and PowerShell 3.0.
- Execute the following command from the <Software_Installation_Directory>/Base folder on the computer where SharePoint Agent is installed, and run the following command:
CVSPWebPartInstallerLauncher.exe /registerassemblies -vm Instance001
- Create a text file and map an Office 365 user to a SharePoint on-premise user in the following format:
- To the CommServe computer, enable migrating Office 365 sites to the SharePoint On-Premise by adding the bEnableOnPremRestores additional setting as shown in the following table.
For instructions on how to add additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > SharePoint Server > Office 365 backup set.
- Right click the subclient, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Click View Content.
- Select the files that you want to restore, and then click Restore to On-Premise.
The Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box appears.
- In the Destination client list, select a client that has either SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016 installed.
- In the Specify destination path box, type or browse to the location where you want to restore the files.
- Select the On Premise Migration User Mapping check box, and type or browse to the user mapping text file.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 8/28/2018 6:27:06 AM