Getting Started with Index Server Cloud
The Index Server cloud provides indexing, content indexing, and search functionality to a variety of Commvault products and features. The following topic outlines the tasks you must complete to start using the Index Server cloud feature in your CommCell environment.
Before You Begin
Before you set up an Index Server cloud, complete the following prerequisites:
- Because Index Server Cloud is an early release feature, you must perform the following tasks before you can use the feature:
- Obtain an authcode from the Commvault Cloud Services website.
- Add the authcode and bEnableSolrCloud as additional settings to your CommCell Console.
For instructions, see Enabling the Index Server Cloud Early Release Feature.
- Review the limitations for Index Server cloud and ensure that the Commvault agent or feature you want to use is supported.
For information, see Support and Limitations for Index Server Cloud.
- Review system requirements for the Index Server cloud components, as follows:
- You can install the High Availability Computing package for index server on any Microsoft Windows client that does not have Index Store package installed.
- The minimum system requirements for Index Store vary depending on how you plan to use Index Server cloud. For information about the specific requirements for Index Store based on different deployment scenarios, see Search and Analytics: System and Hardware Requirements.
Step 1: Install the High Availability Computing Package
The High Availability Computing package is the software that manages the data operations for nodes in an Index Server cloud.
- Install the High Availability Computing package on multiple clients in your CommCell environment. For instructions, see Installing the High Availability Computing Package for Index Server Cloud.
Step 2: Install the Index Store Package
The Index Store package is the software that performs the content indexing and search operations to support the Index Server feature.
- Install the Index Store package on multiple clients in your CommCell environment. For instructions, see Installing the Index Store Package for Index Server Cloud.
Step 3: Create an HAC Cluster
The HAC cluster is the CommCell entity that represents a group of clients with High Availability Computing package installed. The HAC cluster provides high availability management of data operations going in and out of an Index Server cloud.
- Create an HAC Cluster and assign multiple High Availability Computing nodes to the cluster. For instructions, see Creating an HAC Cluster for Index Server Cloud.
Step 4: Create an Index Store Pool
The Index Store pool is the CommCell entity that represents a group of clients with Index Store package installed. The Index Store pool provides a pool of clients that can act as nodes for an Index Server cloud.
- Create an Index Store Pool and assign multiple clients with Index Store to the pool. For instructions, see Creating an Index Store Pool for Index Server Cloud.
Step 5: Create an Index Server Cloud
The Index Server cloud is the CommCell entity that links together an HAC cluster and multiple nodes from an Index Store pool. The Index Server cloud is also where administrators can assign and roles to support different Commvault features.
- Create an Index Server Cloud and assign roles to support Commvault features. For instructions, see Creating an Index Server Cloud.
Last modified: 1/4/2019 2:49:03 PM