Creating an Index Store Pool for Index Server Cloud
The Index Store Pool is a group of clients that have the Index Store package installed. The clients in the Index Store Pool are the physical locations where content indexing and search operations are performed, as well as where data for Index Server clouds is stored. You can create an Index Store Pool from the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- You must have installed the Index Store package on multiple clients in your CommCell environment. If you have not, see Installing the Index Store Package for Index Server Cloud.
- By default, the Index Store service uses port 20000. If that port is not available, you can edit the port number used by the node when you create the Index Server Pool. If you need to configure the port number after you create the Index Server Cloud, see Changing the Settings for a Node in an Index Store Pool.
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources, right-click Index Store Pools, and then click Add Index Store Pool.
The Create Index Store Pool dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in Index Store Pool Name, enter a name for the Index Store Pool.
- Click the HAC Cluster Name list and select an HAC Cluster to associate to the Index Store Pool.
- On the Nodes tab, next to Nodes, click the Add button.
- In the Select Cloud Nodes dialog box, add clients with the Index Store package installed to the Index Store Pool as follows:
- In the Exclude list, select two or more client names.
- Click the Include > button.
The selected client names appear in the Include list.
Tip: Click the Include All button to add all of the available clients to the Include list.
- Click OK.
- Optional: If you need to change the maximum memory or port numbers used by the Index Store package, proceed as follows:
- Under Nodes, select the node you want to configure, and then click the Edit button.
- In the Cloud Node Configuration dialog box, change the values of the Java Max Memory (MB) and Port to suit your needs.
- Click OK.
- In the Create Index Store Pool dialog box, click OK.
The new Index Store Pool appears in the Index Store Pools list.
What to Do Next
Create an Index Server Cloud. For instructions, see Creating an Index Server Cloud.
Last modified: 8/6/2018 6:21:32 PM