The following actions occur during conversion:
- Create a temporary VMDK file on the proxy.
- Upload the VMDK file to OCI object storage.
- Import the VMDK as a custom image.
- Create a temporary instance with a boot volume.
The size of the boot volume matches the shape that was selected for the target instance.
- Delete the temporary instance while retaining the boot volume.
- Create empty data volumes.
- Attach all volumes to the VSA proxy.
- Write data to the volumes.
- Detach the volumes from the proxy.
- Launch the new instance from the boot volume.
- Attach the data volumes.
- Reboot the instance.
Last modified: 5/17/2019 7:26:12 PM