HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Library - Support
The HPE Catalyst Storage library supports all the operations available in a Disk Library.
The following information must be noted:
- HPE Catalyst Storage libraries are supported on Windows MediaAgents only.
- One mount path per library is supported.
- Move mount path is not supported.
- As the options for deduplication, data compression and data encryption are provided in the device, these options are not available in the Storage Policy Copy associated with a HPE Catalyst Storage library.
- Chunk size cannot be controlled from the MediaAgent using the DMMBCHUNKSIZE additional setting. For more information on this additional setting, see CommCell Performance Tuning - Controlling the Chunk Size in the MediaAgent.
- The following information on copies must be noted:
- Source side deduplication is supported.
- Synthetic fulls uses the Catalyst Clone feature to copy data without reading data back to the MediaAgent.
- Auxiliary copy between two StoreOnce libraries is performed using the Catalyst Copy feature. (Auxiliary copy from a StoreOnce library to tape or disk media is performed using the Commvault Auxiliary Copy operation.)
- Inline Copies and Parallel copies are not supported.
Supported HPE StoreOnce Software Versions
The following software versions in HPE StoreOnce appliances are supported:
- For 3rd generation:
- HPE StoreOnce Appliance, the supported minimum version is 3.18.5.
- For Cloud Bank storage, the supported minimum version is 3.18.7.
- For 4th generation:
- HPE StoreOnce Appliance, the supported minimum version is 4.1.0.
- For Cloud Bank storage, the supported minimum version is 4.1.1.
Last modified: 3/11/2019 4:39:38 PM