Monitoring Live Sync for All Supported Hypervisors
The Live Sync Monitor tab provides summary information for Live Sync jobs. For details, see Live Sync Monitor Display.
By default, the Live Sync Monitor display refreshes automatically every 90 seconds. To refresh the display immediately, press F5.
To view Live Sync operations for all hypervisors in a single display, use the Global Live Sync Monitor.
Live Sync Reporting
For a report on Live Sync operations, you can generate a Job Summary report with the Live Sync option selected.
The Health Report includes information about Live Sync Status.
For information about failover and failback operations, see Virtual Machine Failover Status and Failback Status Report.
- You can monitor Live Sync from the instance, backup set, or subclient:
- From the instance, right-click the instance, and then select Live Sync Monitor.
- From the backup set, right-click the backup set, and then select All Tasks > Live Sync > Monitor.
- From the subclient, right-click the subclient, and then select Live Sync > Monitor.
- On the Live Sync Monitor tab, you can select one of the following options by right-clicking the row for a job.
Note: Some operations are only available for selected hypervisors.
- Go To Schedule: Display the Live Sync Options dialog box with the Job Initiation tab displayed.
- Sync Immediately: For a row with the status Needs Sync, use this command to replicate changes from any backups that have not yet been applied to bring the destination instance in sync.
- Properties: Display information for the virtual machine: the associated backup set, subclient, source VM name, destination instance name, sync status, most recent backup, most recent sync time, proxy, pending backups, and most recent synced backup job.
- Live Sync > Enable Live Sync: If Live Sync is disabled, you can select this option to enable it. After you enable Live Sync, the next scheduled Live Sync job performs full replication on the destination instance.
- Live Sync > Disable Live Sync: Turn off Live Sync.
- Live Sync > Mark for Full Sync: Mark a virtual machine to be replicated completely from the most recent full or synthetic full backup and any subsequent incremental backups. This option is available only for a single VM, and is not available if the Sync Status for the VM is Sync Disabled, Failed to Sync, Sync in Progress, or Sync Paused. When a VM is marked for a full sync, the status changes to Needs Sync.
Note: After marking a VM for a full sync, perform a backup of the source VM. When the backup completes, the full sync operation starts automatically.
- Live Sync > Sync Immediately: For a row with the status Needs Sync, use this command to process any backups that have not yet been applied to bring the destination VM in sync.
- Failover > Failback: For Live Sync operations that have a status of Failover Complete or Failback Failed, initiate a failback from the secondary site to the primary site.
Note: For replicated VMs from VMware IntelliSnap backups (Live Sync Direct), failback operations are supported only when replication is configured in the Command Center.
- Failover > Planned Failover: For Live Sync operations that have a status of In Sync or Needs Sync, initiate a failover to the secondary site after updating the destination VM with the most recent changes from the source VM.
- Failover > Unplanned Failover: For Live Sync operations that have a status of In Sync or Needs Sync, initiate an immediate failover to the secondary site.
- DR VM Validation > Enable Validation: Turn on validation for the selected destination VM, regardless of whether that option is enabled for the live sync schedule that includes the VM.
- DR VM Validation > Disable Validation: Turn off validation for the selected destination VM, regardless of whether that option is enabled for the live sync schedule that includes the VM.
- DR VM Validation > As Per Schedule: Use the configured live sync schedule to determine whether to validate destination VMs.
- Test Boot VM: Start the destination VM to verify that it is ready for use.
Live Sync Monitor Display
The following information is displayed on the Live Sync Monitor tab:
- Source: Name of the original VM.
- Destination: Name of the replicated VM.
- Last Sync Time: The time when the snapshot was taken during the latest backup of the source VM. The time is shown in the time zone of the CommServe host.
- Schedule Name: The name of the schedule created for the Live Sync operation.
- Backups Pending for Sync: Displays the job IDs for any backups that have been performed since the last Live Sync.
Note: This job ID refers to the job ID for the primary backup copy of the source VM. If the Live Sync schedule is configured to use an auxiliary copy and the updates from the auxiliary copy have not yet been applied, the job ID for the primary backup copy is shown here and the Sync Status value might be In Sync.
- Last Successful Replication Job: Job ID of the last successful Live Sync operation.
- Sync Status: Displays the status of Live Sync operations:
- Sync Enabled: Replication is enabled.
- Needs Sync: The latest backup changes have not yet been replicated to the destination VM.
- Sync in Progress: Replication to the destination VM is in progress.
- Sync Paused: Replication job has been suspended from the Job Controller.
- In Sync: The destination VM has all changes from the source VM since the last backup, as identified by the value displayed for Last Sync Time.
- Failed to Sync: The last attempt to replicate changes failed, and Live Sync is disabled.
- Sync Disabled: Live Sync is disabled for the virtual machine displayed in the VM Live Sync Monitor.
- Validation Failed: The destination virtual machine could not be powered on after the most recent Live Sync operation, and reverted to its last valid (bootable) state.
- Failover/Failback Status: Displays the status of failover or failback operations:
- Failover Complete: Failover to a secondary site completed successfully.
- Failover In Progress: A failover to a secondary site is in progress.
- Failover Paused: A failover job has been suspended from the Job Controller.
- Failover Failed: A failover operation failed.
- Failback Complete: A failback to the primary site completed successfully.
- Failback In Progress: A failback operation is in progress.
- Failback Paused: A failback job has been suspended from the Job Controller.
- Failback Failed: A failback operation failed.
- Destination Vendor: The hypervisor for the destination VM.
- Last Backup Time: The time that the last backup of the source VM was completed.
Last modified: 12/20/2018 6:26:51 PM