Cloud Apps and Big Data Apps
The following new features were added to the current software release.
Amazon RDS for MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL Support
You can use the Commvault software to perform logical dumps of Amazon RDS databases so that you can move the data to storage in the cloud or on-premises to meet your compliance and storage objectives.
For more information, see Amazon RDS for Oracle.
MongoDB Agent Support
You can use Commvault’s single entry point (a pseudoclient) to manage a MongoDB Sharded Cluster or Replica Set and to perform IntelliSnap backup and restore operations.
You can restore MongoDB data to the same replica set, or different destination replica set.
You can restore MongoDB data to the same Sharded Cluster, or different destination Sharded Cluster that has the same number of shards as the source cluster.
To back up a single database , use the Big Data Solution using the File System Agent. For more information, see Big Data Solutions - MongoDB.
- Provides a single interface to manage your MongoDB environment.
- Engages Commvault’s IntelliSnap technology to protect the cluster almost instantly.
- Protects both replica set topologies and sharded cluster topologies.
- Protects the MongoDB Databases from the secondary node, leaving the primary node’s resources untouched.
- Allows recovery of the entire cluster.
Allows recovery to the original cluster or to a different cluster with the same number of shards, on-premises or within the cloud.
For more information, see MongoDB.
Oracle PaaS Support
You can use the Commvault software to perform backup operations on Oracle PaaS database instances.
For more information, see Oracle PaaS.
Last modified: 9/17/2018 6:42:14 PM