Backing Up Virtual Machines for vCloud
You can back up virtual machines from a subclient or from a backup set (to include all subclients for the backup set). For each subclient, you must add the virtual machines to be backed up in the subclient content.
Before You Begin
- Create a virtualization client for vCloud Director.
- Add virtual machines to a vCloud Director subclient.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > vCloud Director > backup_set.
- Start the backup from the subclient or backup set:
- From the subclient, right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
- From the backup set, right-click the backup set, click Backup All Subclients, and then click Yes to confirm.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, choose the backup type.
- Optional: To schedule the backup, click Schedule.
For more information on scheduling, see Scheduling.
- Optional:To further customize the backup operation, click Advanced.
For more information about advanced options, see Advanced Backup Options.
- Optional:To save the current backup options as a script file, click Save as Script.
For more information, see Save as Script Overview.
- Click OK to start the backup job.
The VSA proxy coordinator assigns virtual machines to proxies for backup using round-robin logic.
You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller. When the backup is complete, the Job Controller displays Completed.
After your backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.
Last modified: 4/17/2019 3:12:27 PM