Enabling or Disabling CommServe LiveSync
Enable the CommServe LiveSync feature to facilitate CommServe Recovery Using High Availability CommServe Host.
- On the CommCell Console ribbon, in the Home tab, click Control Panel.
The Control Panel dialog box appears.
- In the CommCell group, click CommServe LiveSync.
The CommServe LiveSync dialog box is displayed.
- In the Nodes tab, select the Enable CommServe Live Sync option to enable the CommServe LiveSync feature.
Schedules for the LiveSync operation is enabled and the databases are converted to the full recovery model.
Conversely, when this option is disabled, schedules for the LiveSync operation is disabled and the databases are converted to the simple recovery model.
- Click OK.
What To Do Next
- Verify the setup from the production CommServe host to ensure that the default components are installed and configured properly. For more information, see Verifying the Default Setup.
- If a passphrase key management server is configured in the CommCell environment and the passphrase is exported to the CommServe client, then you must export the passphrase to the SQL clients of all nodes instead of exporting to CommServe client. The export of the passphrase to all clients ensures that the passphrase is available on all the nodes.
- If an AWS Key Management Service (KMS) Server or a Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) server is configured in the CommCell environment, then you must copy the certificates to all the nodes under the same path.
If you are disabling the CommServe LiveSync feature, make sure to delete the Firewall Topology created for CommServe Failover, available under the Network Topologies node in the CommCell Browser.
Last modified: 10/24/2019 5:50:40 AM