Creating a Google Cloud Storage Virtual Client
After installing the File System Core, File System, and Cloud Apps packages on the proxy client computer, you must create a virtual client to perform backup and restore operations.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Cloud Storage > Google Cloud.
The New Google Cloud Storage Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the following details:
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the new virtual client.
- In the Instance Name box, type a name for the instance.
- In the Access Node box, select the proxy client computer where the Cloud Apps package is installed.
- In the Storage Policy box, select a storage policy for the backup and restore operations.
- In the Number of Data Backup Streams box, type the number of data streams to use for backups. The maximum value is 99.
Note: The number of streams must not exceed the maximum number configured in the subclient storage policy. The CommServe host allocates streams depending on the availability of resources.
- On the Connection Details tab, provide the following details:
- In the Host URL box, type the Google Cloud Storage service account URL (storage.googleapis.com).
- In the Access Key box, type the access key of your Google Cloud Storage service account.
- In the Secret Key box, type the secret key of your Google Cloud Storage service account.
- Click OK.
The Commvault software creates a Google Cloud Storage virtual client that contains a default instance.
Last modified: 10/29/2019 10:07:58 AM