Adding a Database Server for the Oracle Agentless Pseudo-client
Add a database server to the Oracle agentless pseudo-client configuration, to support Oracle backup and recovery.
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have the following information:
- The credentials that you use to access the Oracle client.
- The plans to be used for backups.
- Access the Command Center by using the URL that was displayed on the installation completion page, or that you received from your backup administrator.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Databases > DB Instances.
The Instances page appears.
- Click Add server and select Oracle.
The Add database server dialog appears.
- Select the Agentless check box.
- In the Database server name box, type the Oracle database server name. This should be the pseudo-client or the virtual entity, and it is recommended that the name be the same as the actual Oracle database server, for easy identification.
- In the SID box, type the Oracle database instance name for which backups and restores are to be run.
- Choose the desired Plan.
- Choose the desired Proxies. The proxies must be Linux proxy clients with the Unix Filesystem agent installed and reachable from the Oracle database.
Best Practice: It is strongly recommended that the MediaAgent also be configured on the proxy, since this will make networking between the two more efficient. However, the proxy and MediaAgent can be configured on separate servers if you desire.
The pseudo-client is configured with the specified information.
What to Do Next
Add an instance for the pseudo-client. For more information, see Adding an Instance.
Last modified: 10/29/2019 7:37:52 PM