Configuring Automatic Uploads of Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups to Commvault Cloud Services Portal
You can automatically upload copies of DR backups to the Commvault Cloud Services website.
If you need to rebuild the CommServe server, and both the CommServe server and the destination are unusable — such as after a ransomware attack — you can use the DR backup in the cloud.
Note: DR backups are retained on the CommVault Cloud Services Portal for 7 days.
Before You Begin
Verify the following:
- The CommServe computer uses V11 SP10, or a more recent version.
- The CommServe computer is registered and you have valid credentials (User ID and the password) to access Commvault Cloud Services. For more information about registering the CommServe computer, see Registering the Command Center.
- From the navigation pane, expand Administration > System > Maintenance and then click DR backup (Daily).
- Click the edit icon .
The DR backup (Daily) page appears.
- Click the Upload backup metadata to Commvault cloud toggle key.
- Type the credentials to upload the metadata in the Username, Password, and Confirm password boxes.
- Click Save.
Whenever a DR backup is performed, a copy of the DR data will be uploaded to the Commvault Cloud Services website. (This is in addition to the network share or local drive specified for DR backups.)
- For information about accessing DR backups on the Commvault Cloud Services website, see Disaster Recovery Backups on Commvault Cloud
- For information about downloading and recovering DR backups, see Retrieving DR Backups From Commvault Cloud Services Portal.
Last modified: 1/9/2019 6:20:03 PM