Adding a Definition to a Case
You can add or delete a definition in a case.
- Adding a new definition or modifying an existing definition in a case,applies the definition only to the custodians' new email data that is generated in a case.
- Cases must have at least one definition.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Activate.
The Activate page appears.
- Click Case manager.
The Case manager page appears.
- Click the case to add a definition to.
The case properties page appears.
- In the Definitions section, click Add definition.
The Definition page appears.
- Expand General, and then enter the following information:
- Definition name: Enter the name of the definition as you want it to appear in the Case Manager.
- Data type: Select Exchange archiving.
- Expand Custodians, and then enter the names or email addresses of the users or user groups whose data you want to add to the case, and then click Add.
- If you are processing Exchange Online data, then you must enter the SMTP address for the automatic suggestion feature to work.
- To add multiple custodians, separate each custodian's name or email address with a comma. For example: "John Smith", "Jane Doe", firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Optional: Expand Additional Criteria, and then configure additional filter criteria to the data included in the case.
Only data that meets the filter criteria that you define is included in the case.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 8/26/2019 5:22:44 PM