Creating a Custom Operation for Database Backup
Create a custom operation for database backup that uses the Commvault script. For more information, see the SAP help on Creating Custom Operations.
Before You Begin
If you have not already done so, register the Commvault script with SAP LaMa. For more information, see Creating Provider Definitions for SAP LaMa Database Operations.
- Open the SAP LaMa user interface in your browser.
- Open the Automation Studio submenu in the left navigation pane and click Custom Operations. The Custom Operations window appears.
- To create a new custom operation click Create at the top right of the window. The Create Custom Operation window displays.
- Add a new operation that has the following values:
Name of the operation, for example, Backup
Select the previously created Provider Definition from the list. The Provider Definition was defined in Creating Provider Definitions for SAP LaMa Database Operations.
Select from the list
Select Commvault Operations from the list
Unselect the option
Valid for Mass Operations
Select if required
Select Normal from the list
- When you have populated all the values, click Create Operation.
- After the custom operation has been created, click Parameters for that operation and edit the OPERATION parameter to define Backup as the default value. Select the Mandatory checkbox, then click Save Parameter.
The Commvault script is integrated with the SAP LaMa database backup operation. The database administrator can run database backups from the SAP LaMa console.
Last modified: 2/21/2019 10:29:36 PM