Adding a MySQL Database Instance
When you need to manage a MySQL database, add an instance for the database.
When you add an instance, a default database group is automatically created. The default database group includes all the data in the MySQL database.
Note: You cannot delete the default database group.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Databases > DB Instances.
The Instances page appears.
- Click Add instance > MySQL.
The Add MySQL instance dialog box appears.
- From the Server name list, select the server where you want to create the instance.
- In the Instance name box, type a name for the instance.
- In the Database user box, type the user name to access the MySQL application.
- In the Password box, type the password to access the MySQL application.
- If you are using a Linux platform, then in the UNIX username box, type the Linux operating system user name.
- In the Socket file box, enter the path to the socket file.
- In the Binary Directory box, enter the path to the directory where the MySQL application files are stored.
- In the Log Data Directory box, enter the path to the directory where the log files are stored.
- In the Configuration file box, enter the path to the configuration file as shown in the following examples:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\my.ini
- UNIX: /etc/my.cnf
- From the Plan list, select a server plan.
- Click Add.
Last modified: 10/23/2019 4:35:42 AM