Automatic Client Owner Assignment
By default, the following users are designated as owners of the laptop (client) and have privileges to access the Web Console or Edge Monitor tool.
- Active Directory users who are member of Local Administrators group of the laptop (client).
The Active Directory domain must be the domain name specified when Adding a Domain and Enabling SSO for Laptop Backup.
- The user account used to install the Laptop Backup package.
Note: Default client owner assignment is not supported for Linux clients. You must manually add the user as the owner for the laptop client.
Review the following links for information on configuring or preventing automatic client owner assignment on laptops.
- Configuring User Profiles as Client Owners
- Configuring Additional User Groups as Client Owners
- Preventing Automatic Client Owner Assignment
- Excluding Users as Client Owners
Last modified: 3/13/2019 3:19:46 PM