Restoring Data and Transaction Logs without Recovery for XtraBackup Utility
By default, the databases and logs are recovered along with the restore. However, if the MySQL Server is offline, you can restore the data and the logs to a destination folder. Later, you can recover the MySQL Server.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > client > MySQL.
- Right-click instance, click All Tasks, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Click View Content.
- Select one or more databases, and then click Recover All Selected.
The MySql Restore dialog box appears.
- From the Destination Server list, select the name of the instance where you want to restore.
- Select the Data check box and the Log check box.
- Clear the Recover check box.
- In the Destination Folder box, enter the location where the database and the transaction logs will be restored.
- Click OK.
Note: An incremental backup operation gets converted to a full backup operation if you run the incremental backup after running a restore operation without selecting the Recover check box.
Last modified: 3/20/2019 6:41:25 AM