You can use the Commvault software to protect data in Exchange Online.
- You can back up data to the cloud or to local storage.
- Flexible server environment using one application
You can use an on-premises or hosted server environment, or both using Command Center.
- Improved throughput for Office 365 with Exchange
For Office 365 with Exchange environments, the Exchange Mailbox application uses Exchange Web Services (EWS) for archiving messages, which provides better throughput.
- Easy configuration
All data is associated with one Exchange Mailbox server, which makes it simple to scale your data protection system horizontally. As your business needs change, you can add or remove physical clients at any time without any disruption.
- User-level control
With the Exchange Mailbox application, content is managed at the user level, rather than at the subclient level. Users are contained within a single subclient where you can assign discrete Exchange plans at the user, database, and user group levels. Using a single subclient eliminates the need to manage load balancing across multiple subclients.
- Indexed data
Because metadata (From, To, Subject, receive time, size, and so on) is indexed, you can perform data retrieval quickly.
Multistreaming means that archiving, cleanup, and restore jobs can be run in parallel and this increases throughput. In addition, each job type can run in multiple streams.
- Previews without content indexing
Previews of messages are available for compliance searches and end-user searches whether or not you configure content indexing.
- Multiple iterations of the Azure app to avoid throttling limitations.
- Advanced search options for backed-up data.
- Data aging and retention for backed-up data.
- Schedule backup operations to run automatically at regular intervals.
- Content indexing and compliance search.
- Data archiving
- Data cleanup
- Data restore
- Deleted item retention
- Improved search performance
- Mail previews without content indexing (requires Outlook Add-In and ContentStore)
- Mailbox-level retention
- Multistreamed archive and cleanup jobs
- Single index server for content indexing and browsing
- User-level control of archive, cleanup and retention
- User-level control of archive and cleanup rules
- User-level control of content indexing rules
Last modified: 7/11/2019 3:26:41 PM