Exchange Compliance Archiver Agent: Data Aging
Data Aging is the process of removing old data from secondary storage to allow the associated media to be reused for future backups.
You can change the retention of your data based on your needs.
For more information, see Data Aging - Advanced.
Setting Up the Basic Retention Rule
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy copy, and then click the Properties.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, on the Retention tab, under Basic Retention Rules for Data/Compliance Archiver Data, click the Retain For and enter the number of days to retain data.
- Click OK.
- In the Confirm Basic Retention dialog box, click Yes.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, on the Reports tab, click Forecast, and then click Run.
- The Data Retention Forecast and Compliance report displays the data to be pruned when a data aging job is run.
Note:To ensure only data intended for aging is actually aged, it is important to identify the data that will be aged based on the retention rules you have configured. Therefore, ensure this report includes only the data you intend to age. If necessary, fine-tune your rules so that only the intended data is aged.
Running the Data Aging Job
- From the CommCell Console, right click the CommServe node, click All Tasks > Data Aging.
- In the Data Aging Options dialog box, in the Job Initiation area, define whether the data aging job runs immediately or if it will be scheduled.
- Click OK.
If you chose to run the job immediately, the data aging job starts now.
If you chose to run the job according to a schedule, the data aging job runs according to the schedule that you defined.
After data aging job is run, the data will be pruned from the storage.
Last modified: 10/23/2018 7:44:25 PM