Applying Tags to Items in a Review Set
In Compliance Search, you can apply named tags to items in a review set. The tags make it easy to describe and group items in larger review sets for further processing.
Tags and Duplicate Items
When you apply tags to items in a review set, the tags are automatically applied to other items that are considered a duplicate of the selected item. Duplicate items can occur when an email is sent to multiple email addresses and individual mailboxes are archived instead of the journal mailbox. For information about viewing duplicate items, see Viewing Duplicate Items in a Review Set.
Before You Begin
To use the tagging feature in Compliance Search, your administrator must assign you to a role with the Tag Management capability. For more information, see Roles Overview.
- From the Compliance Search, open My Sets > Review Set > review set name.
- Optional: Select filters or perform a search to refine the list of items in the review set.
- To apply tags to individual items, select the check boxes next to the items that you want to tag in the list.
- In the review set toolbar, click Manage Tag.
- In the Manage Tag dialog box, expand tag set name and select the check boxes next to the tags that you want to apply. You can also select the check box next to the tag set to apply all of the tags in the tag set.
- Optional: To add a new tag to the list, click Add Tag and enter the information in the New Tag dialog box.
You can also create a new tag set from the New Tag dialog box by clicking the Tag Set list and clicking Create new.
- In Selection Range, select one of the following options:
- Selected: Apply the tags to the items in the review set that you selected using the check boxes in the review set list.
- This page: Apply the tags to all of the items on the current results page in the review set.
- All: Apply the tags to all of the items in the current results set in the review set.
Note: If you performed a search or selected filters to refine the number of items currently displayed in the review set, then selecting the All option will only apply the tags to the items that satisfied your refinements. Other items in the review set that are not included in the displayed results set will not be tagged.
- Click Apply.
The tags appear under the Tag(s) column for the selected items in the review set list.
Last modified: 10/22/2018 7:20:08 PM