Deleting a Storage Policy Copy
When a storage policy copy is deleted, the data on that copy is permanently deleted and becomes unavailable for restore operations. All corresponding media of that storage policy copy becomes available for reuse and moved to the corresponding scratch pool.
The primary copy cannot be deleted. In order to delete a primary copy, you need to promote a synchronous copy as a primary copy, see Setting Up the Storage Policy Copy to be the Primary Copy for instructions.
Before deleting a storage policy copy:
- Ensure that jobs are not running for the storage policy. The storage policy copy deletion operation kills the jobs immediately. For restore jobs, the software automatically fails the jobs.
- Ensure that all jobs associated to WORM copy are aged.
- Synchronous Copy, Selective Copy, Snapshot Copy, Spool Copy, Parallel Copy, Inline Copy, Deferred Copy, and WORM Copy
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies | Storage Policies | <Storage_Policy>.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy copy, point to All Tasks, and then click Delete.
A warning message, indicates that you cannot restore the data backed up to this storage policy copy.
- Click Yes to continue.
A message appears, that asks if you want to delete the storage policy copy.
- Type erase and reuse media, and then click OK.
Last modified: 11/7/2019 3:50:24 PM