Creating Informix Subclients
In some environments, you cannot bring down a database to perform an offline backup. In such situations, you can perform an online backup, where the database is up and running during the backup.
Full backups include all the datafiles, dbspaces, and log files. Incremental backups include only the changed data and log files and take less time to run than full backups.
If a new database object is added to the database, and if none of the subclients contain that database object , then that object is assigned to the content of the default subclient
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Informix.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks, and then click Create Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient name box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, select the content to include in backup operations.
- In the Backup Mode area, select the Entire Instance Backup option.
- To include the configuration file, select the Back up ONCONFIG File check box.
- To include the emergency boot file, select the Back up Emergency Boot File (ixbar) check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, click the Data Storage Policy tab, and then, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 7:58:17 PM