Creating an Exchange DAG Client in a Restricted Environment
Applies to: Exchange 2010 or later, and IntelliSnap
In a DAG environment, the CommServe host connects to the Active Directory to discover member servers. However, if the DAG is set up in a restricted environment, the CommServe host cannot establish a connection to the Active Directory. In this case, you can install the Exchange package and add the agent on a computer (proxy) that has access to both the CommServe host and the Active Directory.
Before You Begin
You must install the Exchange package and add the Exchange Database Agent on a proxy computer that has access to both the Active Directory and the CommServe host.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Application > Exchange DAG.
The Exchange DAG Client Creation dialog box appears.
- Enter the Active Directory domain name.
- If an Active Directory domain name is configured previously, from the AD Domain Name list, select the appropriate domain name.
- If an Active Directory domain name was not configured previously, in the AD Domain Name box, type the domain name.
- Select the Use Proxy for DAG Discovery check box.
- From the Proxy list, select the appropriate proxy computer.
- Click Discover.
- If the AD Server Credentials dialog box appears, enter the Active Directory credentials, and then click OK.
- From the DAG Servers list, select the appropriate server.
DAG member servers are listed with their fully qualified domain name. They appear highlighted if you use the Exchange Database Agent of the current software release.
- From the Member Servers list, select the appropriate servers.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/23/2018 11:52:05 PM