Performing Volume Based Backups
Applies To: Celerra/VNX/VNXe
Use this option to perform block level backup of an entire volume. This can be used to facilitate faster full and incremental backups. When using this option, the entire volume is backed up ignoring any filters specified in the subclient content.
You can perform a granular restore of individual files and folders from a volume based back up.
Note: Files that were de-duplicated using the Celerra file system and were later backed up using the Volume-based backup option may fail to be restored individually. To restore these files, you must perform a full destructive restore. For more information, see VBB Full Destructive Restore.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to client > NDMP > defaultBackupSet.
- In the right pane, right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- On the Backup Options tab, click Advanced.
The Advanced Backup Options dialog box appears.
- On NAS Options tab, select the Volume-based backup check box, and then click OK.
Note: When backing up volumes that are not in read-only mode, also select the Back up from Snapshot check box.
- Select the backup type and schedule.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 12/5/2018 3:45:39 PM