Configuration Using the RMAN Command Line Interface
Database administrators can configure the Oracle database for Commvault backups and restores by using the Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) interface.
Use the Oracle Enterprise Manager with RMAN scripts to back up and restore the Oracle database.
Configuration is required both on the Oracle Enterprise Manager as well as the CommCell Console.
Database Administrator Configuration Tasks
- When you use the Oracle Enterprise Manager to schedule the backups and restore operations, you must set the Oracle Agent's SBT library in the Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Set the Media Management Vendor Library Parameters value to the Oracle Agent SBT library:
The SBT_LIBRARY path for the platforms are listed below:
- AIX with 64 bit Oracle - <Client Agent Install Path>/Base64/libobk.a(shr.o)
- Solaris with 64 bit Oracle - <Client Agent Install Path>/Base64/libobk.so
- Linux on System Z with 64 bit Oracle - <Client Agent Install Path>/Base64/libobk.so
- All Other UNIX platforms - <Client Agent Install Path>/Base/libobk.so
BLKSIZE: The RMAN block size is the one configured for the Oracle backup.
- When allocating RMAN channels to communicate with a media manager, specify the SBT_LIBRARY parameters define the path to the Media Management library. When RMAN allocates channels for the communication with the Media Management library, it attempts to load the library indicated by the parameters defined in Specify the Media Parameters for RMAN Command Line operations
- Add instances for each Oracle database. For more information on adding instances, see Adding Oracle Database Instances Using the Commvault Command Line Interface.
- Both the Oracle library parameters and Oracle Agent library parameters need to be synchronized for backups and restores to succeed. For information on synchronizing the Oracle library and Oracle agent parameters, see Relink the SBT library
Last modified: 12/8/2017 12:56:54 PM