Configuring Subclients for Oracle Standby Databases
Set up a standby database as a copy of the primary (production) database and use it for full system recovery (disaster recover) and data corruption.
You can back up standby databases when they are either in an offline or online state.
When the database in online, the Oracle Agent determines the standby database mode by checking the database role and automatically disables the log switch operation.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, type the subclient name.
- Select the backup mode. On the Content tab:
- Offline Database - if backups are performed when the database is offline
- Online Database -if backups are performed when the database is online
- Select the storage policy. On the Storage Device tab, select the storage policy from the Data Storage Policy list.
- Click OK to close the Creating New Subclient dialog box.
Last modified: 10/2/2018 6:27:50 PM