Configuring Subclients for Oracle Pluggable Database Backups
You can create subclients for pluggable databases that frequently change or have a different backup schedule than the Container Database.
You can create subclients for specific datafiles and tablespaces that frequently change or have a different backup schedule than the entire database.
Note: When you create an IntelliSnap subclient for one or more pluggable databases, you must include the CDB$ROOT and PDB$SEED databases and seed database in the content.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers >client> Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, enter the Subclient Name.
- On the Content tab.
- Select the Online Subset option.
- Click Yes on the Warning dialog box.
- Click Discover PDBs.
- From the Current Database View, select the pluggable databases, datafiles, or tablespaces to include.
Note: For pluggable databases, you must select the PDB$SEED entry, and the CDB$ROOT entry.
- Select the Backup Control File check box to include the control file in the backup.
- Select the Backup SP File check box to include the SP file in the backup.
- On the Storage Device tab select the name of the Data Storage Policy.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 3/23/2018 7:05:15 PM