Excluding Database Application Files from a UNIX File System Backup
- SAP for Oracle
If you have a client that has the DB2, Oracle or SAP for Oracle data agent installed, then the file system and database backups include the database application files.You can set this additional setting on the file system client, to exclude the database application files from the file system backup.
Note: This additional setting is ignored when there are no database instances configured on the client.
- This additional setting applies only to new installs.
- You must enable Indexing V2 for the file system agent that is installed on the client.
- This additional setting filters the database files from the file system backups only when there is at least 1 available database agent backup.
Excluded DB2 Files
The following files are excluded when you set this additional setting on a DB2 client:
- The DB2 datafiles that the software displays in the CommCell Console DB2 browse pane.
- The files that reside in the DB2 archive log path (Db2Agent\sDB2_ARCHIVE_PATH)
- The files that reside in the DB2 audit error path (Db2Agent\sDB2_AUDIT_ERROR_PATH)
- The files that reside in the DB2 retrieve error path (Db2Agent\sDB2_RETRIEVE_PATH)
- To the client, add the additional setting as shown in the following table.
For instructions on how to add additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
Last modified: 11/6/2018 4:29:06 PM