Configuring Oracle Subclients That Use IntelliSnap and Image Copy
Configure the following options on the subclient to create a clone from an image copy:
- Use RMAN Image Copy - The software automatically selects the Volume Copy (Block-Level Backup - Support Instant Database Recover) option.
For the non-production volume solution, configure the IntelliSnap subclient to use the RMAN Image copy feature. When you select this option, the software automatically selects the block-level option.
When you perform a backup operation on the subclient, the software uses RMAN to back up the incremental database changes to an image copy volume that can be snapped, and then takes a snap of the volume.
If you have a UNIX configuration, you can use an ASM diskgroup for the Oracle copy location. The location must be the base name of the ASM diskgroup, for example, +ASMDISKGROUP. You cannot use a subdirectory. If you use an ASM diskgroup for your image copy location, then the MediaAgent must have a UNIX operating system.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, specify make the following selections:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Online Database option.
- On the Logs Backup tab, select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab,configure the IntelliSnap options.
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
A message appears that states that the next backup will be a full backup.
- Click OK.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the storage engine that applies to the image copy volume.
- To use a proxy server, from the Use Proxy list, select the appropriate MediaAgent.
This is the MediaAgent that is used to perform the IntelliSnap and backup copy operations.
Note: Make sure that the operating system on the proxy server is either same version or later than the operating system on the client computer.
- To have the backup copy operation fall back to the source if the proxy is unreachable, select the Use source if proxy is unreachable check box.
This prevents the interruption of the backup schedule when the proxy cannot be reached.
- Select the Use RMAN Image Copy check box, and then in the Path box, type the full path to the image copy.
When you select this option, the software automatically selects Volume Copy (Block-Level Backup - Support Instant Database Recover).
Note: The path must have the following properties:
- It must be a mount path that can be snapped
- It must have enough space to store the maximum size of all the datafiles and one incremental backup.
- If you use a file system (and not an ASM diskgroup), it must have UNIX 750 permissions
- Optional: To perform an integrity check of the hardware, select the Enable Snap Integrity Check check box.
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- Optional: Run scripts before or after the backup
You can choose to run the post-process script even if the backup job failed.
On the Pre/Post tab:
- In the PreSnap Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostSnap Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job's outcome, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
- Click OK to close the Creating New Subclient dialog box.
Last modified: 10/24/2018 12:51:53 PM