Oracle Database Application Migration to the Cloud
You can use the Commvault Oracle database application migration feature to move your database, such as Oracle, to third-party cloud storage.
Use the Oracle database application migration feature in the following scenarios:
- When you move or retire your data center.
- When you want to create a test or a demonstration system for the production system
- When you want to store your database in the cloud
The Commvault software automates the following processes:
- Capturing the application server physical configuration
- Protecting the application data
- Provisioning the cloud instance and storage
- Restoring the data
- Validating the restore
- Continuously applying changes from the production database backups to the migrated database by using the Live Sync feature.
The software supports the Oracle database in a Linux environment.
You can migrate the Oracle application and the Oracle database to any of the following destinations:
- An Amazon EC2 instance
- An Amazon RDS instance
- An Oracle cloud compute
- An Oracle database as a service (DBaaS)/platform as a service (PaaS)
Last modified: 2/28/2018 12:28:04 AM