Creating a Subclient for Oracle RAC Selective Online Full Backups
Create a subclient for selective online full backups.
Before You Begin
- Create a Selective Copy.
- Optional: Run the script from the Commvault install base directory on the CommServe computer, to copy a full cycle of jobs to selective copy.
Qscript -f SelectAdditionalJobs [storage policyName] [copy name] [backup types]
The following are valid values for the backup types:
- 0, disable selection of additional jobs
- 2, include all non-full jobs
qoperation execscript –sn SelectAdditionalJobs.sql –si storage_policy -si storage_policy_copy -si 2
- Optional: Decide if you want the software to force the parallel log backup to use the data storage policy. For more information, see Configuring the Storage Policy for a Parallel Log Backup.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <RAC Client>.
- Right-click the <Instance>, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
- In the Subclient Name box, type the subclient name.
- On the Content tab, select the Selective Online Full check box.
- Click OK on the warning message dialog box.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/29/2018 1:16:34 PM