Deleting SAP for Oracle Database Instances Using the Commvault Command Line Interface
Use XML to delete SAP for Oracle database instances. Run the operation from the command line, or automate configuration by combining command line operations in a script.
You can include the XML parameters in the xml file, or you can specify them on the command line when they frequently change. For more information on command line parameters and XML elements, see Command Line - Syntax.
Warning: If you do not include the clientName and instanceName parameters, the Commvault software deletes all SAP for Oracle instances in the CommCell Console.
- On the SAP for Oracle Agent host, run the qlogin command to log on to the CommServe computer.
- Download the DeleteInstance_Template.xml file to the computer where you will run the command.
- Open the DeleteInstance_Template.xml file, add your specific parameters, and save the file.
For information on supported instance XML parameters, see SAP for Oracle XML Instance Parameters.
- On the command line, go to Software_Installation_Directory/Base and type the command.
qoperation execute -af DeleteInstance_Template.xml -appName 'SAP for Oracle' -clientName '<client_name>' -instanceName '<dbname>'
- Run the qlogout command to log off the CommServe computer.
Last modified: 6/27/2018 2:43:19 PM