Full System Recovery: Sybase
A full system recovery of a Sybase client involves the following phases:
Preparing for a Full System Recovery
Before you begin a disaster recovery, make sure to perform the following:
- Perform frequent backups of your Sybase server and the latest file system.
- Make sure that the Originating host and destination host have the same Sybase version.
- Use the File System Agent to backup the Sybase Home and dataserver configuration files.
As a best practice, it is recommended that you group databases into multiple subclients as follows:
- Add larger databases into separate subclients.
- Add small databases together into one or more subclients. This is important for the following reasons:
- During Disaster recovery, when you have to quickly rebuild the entire instance, you can concurrently restore all the subclients together.
- During Backup failures, the backup will restart from the beginning of the database instead of from the beginning of the entire instance. Similarly, this will ensure that large database backups are not affected by restarts from a smaller database.
- Once the subclients are created, schedule frequent backups for dynamic data and regular backup schedules for static data in the Sybase Server.
Full System Recovery
To recover the Sybase Server in the event of a disaster, perform the following tasks:
Last modified: 2/18/2019 7:54:03 AM