Configuration - Linux File System
Once installed, follow the steps given below to assign a storage policy to the default subclient.
- From the CommCell Browser:
- Navigate to <Client> | File System | defaultBackupSet.
- Right click the default subclient and click Properties.
- Click the Storage Device tab.
In the Storage Policy box, select the storage policy.
If you have already created a Storage Policy, continue to the next page.
If you have not yet created a Storage Policy, then follow the steps below to create a storage policy.
- In the Backup Schedule dialog box, click Do Not Schedule, and then click OK.
- Creating a Storage Policy:
- Click Create Storage Policy.
- Follow the prompts displayed in the Storage Policy Wizard. The required options are mentioned below:
- Select the Storage Policy type as Data Protection and Archiving and click Next.
- Enter the name in the Storage Policy Name box and click Next.
- From the Library list, click the name of a disk library to which the primary copy should be associated and then click Next.
Ensure that you select a library attached to a MediaAgent operating in the current release.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of a MediaAgent that will be used to create the primary copy and then click Next.
- For the device streams and the retention criteria information, click Next to accept default values.
- Select Yes to enable deduplication for the primary copy.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of the MediaAgent that will be used to host the Deduplication database (DDB).
In the Location box, type the name of the folder in which the DDB must be located or click the Browse to select the folder, and then click Next.
- Review the details and click Finish to create the Storage Policy.
Last modified: 1/12/2018 7:06:44 PM